Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tourist claims used tampon was in steak - At the Waldorf

A German tourist on vacation in New York City will not soon forget his meal at theWaldorf Astoria Hotel.
He ordered steak and spinach, that's when he says he made a disturbing discovery.
"I had it in my mouth, chewed it and nearly swallowed it, this is so disgusting, I've felt sick ever since." This diner says he rinsed his mouth with brandy then went to the bathroom to vomit.
He says the hotel then called an ambulance. So what was it he almost swallowed?
He claims the doctor in the emergency room cut the object in half and confirmed it was a used tampon, New York Presbyterian confirmed he was treated at the hospital.
Sanz-Claus (the tourist) says he has not been able to sleep or eat since the event, fearing he could contract a deadly disease.
He was tested for hepatitis at the hospital and was told to be tested for AIDS in two months.
Here's the following statement from Hilton Hotels (owner of the Waldorf): " We are conducting an internal investigation, but have reason to believe that the circumstances surrounding this incident are highly suspicious. At this time we are not at liberty to provide any additional details."