Sunday, December 6, 2009

RATS, 'I'm a Celebrity'

Gino D'Acampo, the winner of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, and his fellow contestant buddy Stuart Manning are facing criminal charges for animal cruelty after cooking and eating a rat on the show, that's right, a rat!
The two exterminators were members of a group in "exile" for part of the series, which meant rations of rice and beans.
A lack of meat caused the two contestants to catch, kill and eat a rat.
D'Acampo, 33, said, "I saw one of these rats running around. I got a knife, I got its throat, I picked it up."
The group, including 30-year-old Manning, ate the rat and enjoyed the little feast.
Chief Inspector David Oshannessy,
(seen here with his chicken)
from the RSPCA in New South Wales, said it was not acceptable that an animal had been killed as part of a performance.
He said: "The allegation is that an animal was cruelly treated on the set. It was a rat that was killed. There is a code of conduct in New South Wales that dictates how animals can be used. The killing of a rat for a performance is not acceptable."