Saturday, December 5, 2009

Paul McCartney and his Meat Free Mondays

Paul McCartney's "Meat-Free Mondays" roadshow campaign found it's way to the European Parliament on Thursday, with McCartney saying the power to halt global warming lies as much with individuals as with their governments.

McCartney praised the virtue of skipping meat one day a week for the sake of the environment.
"I grew up as a kid not eating meat on Fridays," McCartney said. "It was part of the rules of the school I went to.

With McCartney's concerns over global warming, he added, there are "even more crucial reasons" to skip meat.

Still, he had to admit that his flight from London to Brussels — and on to Berlin for a concert later Thursday also contributed to global warming.
"They haven't invented microphones that work on candle power," he said. "I do everything I can, if I go for a car, I go for hybrid. I recycle."

Say what? microphones, candles, hybrid cars, what's he rambling on about?

Isn't this babble of excuses hypocritical?
Besides, it really doesn't explain away his global warming violations, does it?
Practice what you preach, Sir Paul.