Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Foods your pet shouldn't eat

We love our pets and we want the best for them.
We love to share our lives with them, and that's a good thing.
What's not so good are some of the foods that we should never share with them.

Here are some foods that can really make pets sick.

1. Chocolate
Chocolate stimulates the nervous system and the heart, It is poisonous to all pets, but because dogs will probably eat dangerous quantities.
Chocolate poisoning will cause, vomiting, increased thirst, restlessness, agitation, increased or irregular heartbeat, increased body temperature, tremors, seizures.

2. Grapes, Raisins
Grapes and raisins damage the kidneys.
Poisonous to: Dogs, cats. Possible effects of poisoning: Increased thirst, increased urination, lethargy, vomiting.

3. Garlic and Onions
Garlic and onions damage red blood cells, causing anemia. They are poisonous to both Cats, dogs, causing vomiting, red-colored urine, weakness, anemia.

4. Xylitol (Found in sugarless gum.)
Causes increased insulin secretion, resulting in lower blood sugar levels.
It is poisonous to dogs, causing vomiting, lethargy, lack of coordination, seizures, jaundice, diarrhea.