Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Couple gets lost in Corn Maze, calls 911


It's Halloween time and people seem to love corn mazes, we do.
A couple decided to take their newborn baby to a corn maze of all places, for the child's first outing.

Well, it didn’t go as planned because the couple got lost in the maze and it was now after dark and past closing hours.

The popular corn maze is located in Massachusetts on 7 acres at the Connors Farm.


This year the theme of corn maze is Salem Village and the Headless Horsemen.
Listed on Connors Farm’s website they post that you must enter the corn maze one hour before closing time. The couple with the baby did just that but found themselves wandering around for what seemed like forever.
They kept expecting someone from the corn maze business to come find them, but no one came.
Eventually the panicked mom called 911 saying they needed to be rescued from the corn maze.

Here's how the 911 call went:

Woman in tears: Hi, I just called. I’m still stuck at Connors Farms. I don’t see anybody. I’m really scared. It’s really dark and we’ve got a 3-week-old.

911: Your husband is with you?

Woman: Yes. But my baby…

911: A police officer is on the way. Can you put your husband on the phone?

Husband: I see lights over there at the place, but we can’t get there, we’re smack right in the middle of the corn field.

Woman: I don’t know what made us do this, it was daytime when we came in, we thought if we came in someone would come in and find us… We can hear [the police officers]… Oh, my goodness. The mosquitoes are eating us alive, and I never took my daughter out, this is the first time. Never again.

Woman: This is embarrassing.

(The husband was instructed by the 911 operator to start yelling “Hello K-9!”)

The 911 call lasted for seven minutes and finally the K-9 Unit found the couple.
Apparently the couple was found scared to death, lost and tired, only twenty five feet from the exit of the corn maze.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN