Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gordon Ramsay loses temper after being asked if he still cooks


Gordon Ramsay reaches his boiling point on the BBC Breakfast show after Bill Turnbull asked if the chef actually still cooked.

Ramsay was on the show promoting his new Red Nose Day sauces when Bill asked him if it was still possible to get something cooked by the chef himself.
Fuming, Ramsay said that one would not expect clothes designers to stitch every garment.
He said: "When you go and spend £500 on an Armani suit and you are happy with it, you don't ask the lady at the desk whether it was Georgio himself who stitched it.
"I know the confidence I have in my team, in fact we have been together for over 10 years - how can you propel talent if you don't expose them."
The celebrity chef became further enraged when Turnbull  asked if he actually produced anything in the kitchen himself, to which Ramsay shot back: 'Of course I still cook.'
He said: "You sound sad. I am 42 years of age. I have been at the stove for 21 years, I want a life outside my kitchen, sorry.
"Would you like me to polish your shoes Bill, come on, get a life."