Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Martha Stewart Trashes Rachael Ray


Martha Stewart says Rachael Ray can't hold a candle to her in the kitchen.
This all started after Rachael Ray visited The Martha Stewart Show, following Martha Stewart's visiting The Rachael Ray Show the day before.
Perhaps Stewart's showed her true feelings when Stewart pull her hand away when Ray tried to grab it as the pair made an entrance together on The Rachael Ray Show.
She also came across as a "know it all" with Ray just sitting there, seemingly awestruck to have Stewart on her show.
So, after these two pretended to enjoy each other's visits, Stewart's went for the kill during her interview with ABC News.
This is her first television interview since serving five months in prison in 2004 for lying to investigators about a well-timed stock trade, Stewart, talked to ABC News' Nightline about rebuilding her name -- and trashed Ray.
"Well, to me, she professed that she could -- cannot bake," Stewart says of Ray in the interview.
"She -- just did a new cookbook which is just a re-edit of a lot of her old recipes. She -- and that's not good enough for me."
When it comes to writing a book, Stewart says she want to publish something that "is a unique and lasting thing. Something that will really fulfill a need in someone's library." 
Ray, she says,"is different."
Stewart says Ray is "more of an entertainer ... with her bubbly personality, than she is a teacher, like me. That's not what she's professing to be."

So, did Rachael Ray get mad?
"Why would it make me mad?" Ray asks. "Her skill set is far beyond mine. That's simply the reality of it."
Ray adds that "that doesn't mean that what I do isn't important too... I don't consider it needling. I really just think she's being honest. She does have a better skill set than I do when it comes to producing a beautiful, perfect, high-quality meal." Says Ray, "I'd rather eat Martha's than mine, too."

But back in 2006 Martha Stewart had this to say following accusations that she sent employees to spy on Rachael Ray’s show,  “I’m the mother of these how-to shows,” Stewart said. “She cannot cook like I cook. She cannot craft like I craft.”

TV Guide compared the two women in 2006:

Rachael says: “Recipes are just ideas, suggestions.” – seacoastonline.com
Martha says: “I think baking cookies is equal to Queen Victoria running an empire.” – Oprah.com
Rachael says: “Through a series of accidents, I kept ending up in jobs I was completely unqualified for.” – seacoastonline.com
Martha says: “Everybody in prison has a business plan." – New York Post
Rachael says: “Fries are very tasty at both [Burger King and McDonalds], but I prefer BK.” – popcrazy.com
Martha says: “I’m not so interested in fast food as I’m interested in good food.” – Larry King Live
Rachael says: “I’m like a bobblehead – who would take me seriously, anyway?” – OK! Magazine
Martha says: “I’m oriented in the right direction all the time.” – Larry King Live
Rachael says: “I’m very klutzy and not really capable of crafting or doing too many domestic things beyond making supper.” – Larry King Live
Martha says: “I can almost bend steel with my mind. I can bend anything if I try hard enough. I can make myself do almost anything.” – Oprah.com
Rachael says: “Yum-o!”
Martha says: “It’s a good thing.”