Sunday, August 21, 2011

BOURDAIN & DEEN Let the battle begin


Let the battle begin...
Chefs Paula Deen and Anthony Bourdain haven't met, but that didn't stop Bourdain from saying,
"The worst, most dangerous person to America is clearly Paula Deen, She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she's proud of the fact that her food is ... bad for you. ... Plus, her food sucks."

Later he clarified his remarks on Twitter stating, "my comment was actually 'worst, most dangerous to America cook on [Food Network]."

Butter fan Deen had addressed Bourdain's Food Network attack Thursday as well, telling Page Six, "You know, not everybody can afford to pay $58 for prime rib or $650 for a bottle of wine. My friends and I cook for regular families who worry about feeding their kids and paying the bills."

Paula Deen said that she "was actually kinda shocked, considering I have never met Anthony. I was really shocked that such harsh words could be used."
"I don't know if it was a publicity thing or if someone had just peed in his bowl of cereal that morning and he was mad."

Paula shouldn't feel alone however, you may remember Anthony Bourdain has also trashed other Food Network stars Guy Fieri, Sandra Lee and Rachael Ray.
Here's a sample: Regarding Rachel Ray, (“Does she even cook anymore?”), Sandra Lee (“I hate her works on this planet, but she is not someone to be dismissed, clearly.”), and Guy Fieri (“I look at Guy and I just think, ‘Jesus, I’m glad that’s not me’”).

Deen's has responded saying, He’s moody and not charitable enough. “My good friends Rachael, Guy and Sandra are the most generous charitable folks I know,” today. “They give so much of their time and money to help the food deprived, sick children and abandoned animals. I have no idea what Anthony has done to contribute besides being irritable.”

After all the hoopla Bourdain says,"Resolved: Next time I'm asked [for the millionth time] who the worst cooks on Food Network are, I'll just shut up," he said Wednesday on Twitter. "Who cares?"