Monday, August 16, 2010

Gordon Ramsay and Croissants

Can this be true, Gordon Ramsay has trouble with croissants?
Ramsay says the French breakfast croissant is the most difficult thing he has ever tried to make.
“I lived in Paris for three years and had the most amazing time there,” says Gordon. “I got my a*** kicked across some of the best restaurants anywhere in the world and I had massive issues with making croissants."
“It sounds a little bit silly but honestly, the way they roll those croissants is hard. Actually only 10 per cent of patisseries in Paris actually make their own croissants and I think it is so sad."
“But two years ago with the F Word I got the chance to go back to Paris and make the perfect croissant and I was so proud of it I took a picture of it, took it home, dipped it in gelatine and froze it. Now it is at home in my freezer.”


Here's a great video all about croissants, from the talented people at http://www.videojug.com/