Monday, October 1, 2012

Christina Aguilera: 'I'm A Fat Girl, Get Over It'


It seems the fight waged by the First Lady and others isn't working all that great.
We just saw Lady Gaga put on a few pounds because she loves her parents restaurant, (even if no one else does)

Now Christina Aguilera says,"I got tired of being a skinny, white girl. I am Ecuadorian but people felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl."

And after touring with Justin Timberlake in support of the album and gaining 15 pounds, Christina said her label bosses were freaking out.
"They called this serious emergency meeting about how there was a lot of backlash about my weight. Basically, they told me I would effect a lot of people if I gained weight -- the production, musical directors."

Aguilera was that no one would buy her records or come to her live shows if she was heavy, and that would impact the livelihood of hundreds of people, and she was "so young."

Under the pressure, for her 2006 tour for her Back to Basics album, Aguilera described herself as "toothpick thin."

But now she says that finally this last year that she felt truly comfortable to be who she says she really is.

As it turned out, while working in the studio recording the soon to-be-released CD, Lotus, that she said she told the record executives off, telling them what she really thought.

"I told them...'You are working with a fat girl. Know it now and get over it.' They need a reminder sometimes that I don't belong to them. It's my body."

"My body can't put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore—my body is just not on the table that way anymore."

Without Michelle Obama guest hosting on the Tonight Show again, (kidding) Jay Leno was free to say to Aguilera, "Congratulations on your body."
But maybe he was talking about her new single, Your Body.

Regardless, Christina Aguilera not only has curves, she has the courage and confidence to be herself.

Good for her.