Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Unhappy Dollar Meals - McDonald's

Unhappy dollar meals at a McDonald's in San Francisco. (what a week they're having)

The homeless who have been hanging out at the Golden Gate Park were able to get the99-cent burgers at the McDonald's located at Haight and Stanyan streets in the Haight-Ashbury district.
But that McDonald's got rid of the Dollar Menu about a month ago calling it a business decision.

But the street people are up in arms saying the menu is too expensive now.
The Dollar Menu now cost $1.50.
29-year-old Nicholas Newhar complained, "I eat less. I have to get more money, if I don't have a dollar and I want food, I just end up going to a trash can."
He is among those who spent the better part of the day on the steps of the restaurant.

Even though McDonald's is there to make money, and anywhere else this would be considered simply a business decision, advocates are saying, "the target are the homeless."