Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sharon Osbourne doesn't think she'll ever get her eating under control

Sharon Osbourne, she doesn't think she'll ever get her eating under control.
She says she will always be haunted by her food issues and still overeats, although she tries to hide it from her family.
She said: "Eating is my Achilles heel. I'm addicted to food and every day I wake up and think, 'Today is the day that I'm not going to overeat.' But that's my thing in life, and I'm overweight, I am, but.
"I still have my big binges. Just the other weekend I was hiding from Kelly in the cupboard eating Maltesers; I can eat things in ridiculous amounts. And then I have to hide the wrappers because I know my other daughter Aimee will find them."
She said in an interview with Glamour magazine: "Ozzy worries because of my health, (we thought it was Ozzy's health we were concerned about) but it's my kids who get really upset. For example, Aimee wouldn't even talk to me the other night because she was so upset about what I was eating.
"But nothing works for me. I have a very big self-destructive streak. Everybody has something, but I do everything to extremes.
This woman has been through a lot, married to Ozzy Osbourne, those kids, she has survived colon cancer, and has been suffered from bulimia for 35 years. "I've been able to conquer just about everything except bulimia." Even with the gastric bypass surgery she battles with her eating disorder.
Sharon spent $240,000 on stomach stapling, face lift, bum lift, liposuction and breast enhancement. When she was first fitted with a gastric band in her stomach, she lost weight and went from a size 22 to a 10.
But the battle continues in spite of all that.
"We'll be at the dinner table, and I'll go off and they'll say: 'Oh here we go again.' They hate it. "I've tried to stop it. I thought when I got my stomach done, it would 'cure' it. It hasn't. It just means I can't eat as much. I still binge.  "If I'm under stress, I hit the biscuits and the crisps and the bread. I cram it in - eat, eat, eat - until I physically can't get any more into my body. The food is piled up to my throat. Then I have to go and be sick. I don't even have to make myself sick. It's automatic."
She explains,"half the women on this bloody planet" have eating disorders, "but nobody bloody talks about it". Sharon's family have pleaded with her to get help, but she hasn't sought any help, except for the surgery.
"I've promised Jack I will get help, and I will."